Terms & Privacy
Copyright © 2016-2017 Oyster Point Dragons. All Rights Reserved.
Oyster Point Dragons
Code of Conduct
For All Paddlers and Guests
In order to foster a safe and fun environment for everyone, as a Paddler and/or Guest of Oyster Point Dragons (OPD), I pledge to:
- Act in a sportsmanlike manner consistent with the spirit of fair play, abide by the rules, and display responsible conduct.
- Uphold the team’s values and dignity, and bring honor to the dragon boat community and to myself.
- Use my best efforts to assist my teammates, coaches, steers and other team staff in achieving the mission, vision, goals, and objectives of the team.
- Promote a positive image of the team by using respectful language at all times.
- Respect my team members, other team members, spectators, and race officials, and engage in no form of verbal, physical, or sexual harassment or abuse.
- Never ridicule or shout at teammates or other teams for making mistakes or for losing races.
- Never condone rule violations, rough play, violent behaviors, and the use of drugs and other prohibited substances.
- Never engage in any act or behavior that is likely to intimidate, offend, insult, humiliate, or discriminate against any other person on the basis of gender, race, disability, age, religious or political belief, sexual orientation, social background, ethnic origin, language, marital or civil partnership status.
- Protect team assets and safeguard private and public properties against all forms of misuse, fraud, waste, abuse, damage or loss of property at Oyster Point Marina and other race sites.
- Use team funds appropriately and judiciously, including anything that has or represents financial value to the team.
- Obtain prior approval from, and review by, the OPD Board if I need to speak or write on behalf of OPD.
- Encourage teammates to value their performances and not just the results.
- Remain informed of team expectations, goals, and different team activities.
- Do my best to maintain a level of fitness consistent with my peers.
- Remember that I am responsible for my own behaviors, and that I am an ambassador for this sport and for my community.
Disciplinary actions will include verbal or written warnings. Repeated offenses will result in separation.
Team officers and resources are available to guide and provide support should you have any questions or concerns.